Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission title, author(s), author bio(s) and abstract are NOT included in the text of the document. There will be an opportunity to add these in the Enter Metadata section of the submission.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Citations (footnotes or endnotes) follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition, style guidelines
- Your submission adheres to all the style, formatting, and figure/image guidelines included in the Author Guidelines section of the Submissions page.
- The author has indicated in the Comments to the Editor if peer review is desired.
The VRAB does not require copyright transfer, only permission to publish and archive the article. Copyright holders retain copyright ownership, granting a nonexclusive license to the journal and OJS to publish the article, meaning that the author may also publish it elsewhere. Before submitting an article to the journal, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared in any third party material.
This is an open access journal; users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. All issues of the journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Unless otherwise indicated in the Comments to the Editor field, the author(s)'s email address(es) will be inlcuded on the coverpages of the article and will be visible to anyone reading it.